Android 8.0 {OREO} release date rumours.

DETAILS

  • The final version of Android N was released in August 2016 as Android Nougat, and we're looking at a similar time frame in 2017 for the release of Android O, which will most likely be announced at Google I/O on 17 May. But what will Android O be called? We round up the Android O name and release date rumours .
     
  • As we look ahead to Android O, there are still new features and fixes coming to Android Nougat. In late-January Google made available a beta version of Android Nougat 7.1.2, which it says is "an incremental maintenance release focused on refinements, so it includes a number of bug fixes and optimizations, along with a small number of enhancements for carriers and users".

 When is Google I/O 2017?

Google I/O 2017: 17 - 19 May 2017

Traditionally Google uses Google I/O to announce the new update to its Android OS. The 11th annual I/O conference will take place between 17 and 19 May 2017 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.

 

Android O release date rumours: When is Android O coming out?

Android O UK release date: August/September 2017 (TBC)

Google surprised us in 2016 by taking the wraps off the Developer Preview of Android Nougat in advance of its summer Google I/O conference, and again by unveiling the final release with little fanfare and no new hardware in August. The new hardware came later, with the Google Pixel and Pixel XL unveiled in early October.
Previous
Next Post »